GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Paul M. Ceesay" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:44:21 -0500
Hello to everyone out there,
This young woman should not be touched. How can anybody justify that 180 lashes
would remove her blemish. What she needs is counselling likewise those
people who
are suggesting punishment. Only God/Allah knows what our punishment would be.
How many times have we failed to do right and be righteous and then broke
the laws
of God/Allah? Maybe we should all be caned and punished everytime we do wrong.
Everybody included because we are all sinners.
I don't think I've ever seen in any book of religion that said, For your
judgement, 180
lashes. This is wrong. Here is one more case of human's misinterpretation
of the
common laws of God/Allah.
Joka Njall!

Paul M. Ceesay