GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elow Wole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:05:27 -0000
Economics Humor
A man takes a balloon ride at a local country fair.  A fierce wind suddenly
kicks up, causing the balloon to violently leave the fair and carry its
occupant out into the countryside.  The man has no idea where he is, so he
goes down to about 20 feet above the ground.  He asks a passing stranger,
"excuse me, sir, can you tell me where I am?"
Eyeing the man in the balloon, the passerby says, "You are in a big, red
balloon, 20 feet above the ground."

The balloon's unhappy occupant replies, "You must be an economist."

"How could you possibly know that?" asks the passerby.

"Because your answer is technically correct, but absolutely useless, and the
fact is, I'm still lost!"

"Then you must be in management", said the passerby.

"That's right!  How did you know?" asked the balloonist.

"You have such a good view from where you are and yet you don't know where
you are and you don't know where you are going.  The fact is you are in the
exact same position you were in before we met, but now your problem is
somehow my fault!"

Forwarded by
Essa