GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saihou Mballow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 01:23:49 -0700
Hamjatta,Toure and Barrow,
 UDP strongly appreciate your commentary and
observations on the party's position and statements on
the sacking of Bishop T.Johnson,the bring back of Mr.
Roberts as the electoral commission chairman.
 The fraudulent conduct or the rigging of the Kiang
by-elections by means of voting buying.These matters
were under investigations by the party's legal team
and they recognized strong irregularities in the poll
and concluded that the results didn't reflect the
voters wishes.
 The party had questioned the neutrality of the
electoral commission,whose members are Jammeh's hand
picked and particularly Mr.Roberts who was the the
commission's chairman during the 1996 presidential and
1997 National Assembly elections in which the country
experienced a "transition without change."
  I would come back on tomorrow after consultation
with the legal team and why the inconsistencies.Thank
you.
Saihou