GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:49:18 +0000
Matarr, thanks for adding to the voices of numerous others that told Ebou
Jallow off.  Wrong is wrong, no matter who did it.  Anyone who think that
you have something against Ebou Jallow's person is not a truth seeker.  Most
members of this list have expressed their disgust at this individual's
behavior, but like a "never die" plant, he kept on burrowing through,
looking for the opportune time to weasel his way back in the crowd.
Personally, I shall be a thorn in his feet as long as he owe us that money.
I shall pounce on him anytime he surfaces with his foolishness and greed.
However, we as a people cannot and should not be tired of addressing Ebou
Jallow or any known thief of our coffers.  Those days are gone when we shall
be quiet because the thief is related to us or is a relation of a friend and
that starts from the president down.

George Sarr, I will take your advise and do like Saul Khan.  However, I just
get sick of people stealing our money and act like they can just charm their
way around and all is ok.  We as a people need to stop glorifying the
thieves in our midst.  Gambia is where it is today because of 35 years of
folks just bleeding us to death and the society at large seeing it as "Daanu
Aam Faida" (meaning the thieves).  The same thing is happening with this
Ebou character.  Our fellow brothers and sisters hang around him for
trinkets they can get and then disperse to spread the gospel of how a kind
fellow he is and all type of lies.  As long as we treat these crooks like
royalty, they will continue to bleed us dry and thus, the arrogance of the
Ebou Jallows.  I feel your pain too, but I am convinced that this fellow is
really sick and we ought to let him know that.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou