GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:01:51 -0000
Kebba, thanks for pointing out the truth.  Just like they did to our
brothers and sisters in the diaspora, we in the mainland were also
bamboozled.  The only thing I would have wanted my parents to have given me
in my existence, is to have given me an African first name.  Other than that
they did a fine job for who I am today.  It is incumbent on me, therefore,
to give my children purely African names.  Some may ask, what's in a name.
My response, everything and the examples you cited are at the very core.
Your posting may not speak for everyone, but it definitely spoke for me.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou