GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 17:54:08 EST
Brother KB,
I like the way you painted the picture for Bojang. In my opinion, there are
too many sideshow twiddlers on the List who only surface when these sorts of
cynical insinuations abound about what the opposition are fighting for and
the presence of former PPP members in their midst. What does Bojang want? We,
like Jammeh, place a blanket ban on them as well? On what basis? All those
who praised Jawara for his leadership, were quick to point out to him that he
should have done better for Gambians and that under his watch, the Gambia had
too chances many usurped by sheer political mismanagement and indifference.
It is, therefore, grossly irresponsible and treacherous of Bojang and his
likes to cynically insinuate that the London Meeting was all about restoring
the PPP and imposing sanctions on the poor people of the Gambia.
Since he[Bojang] has his doubts about what we have set out to do, let him set
himself from his dilemma by re-joining the AFPRC/APRC which he seems more in
favour of - gauging by his announcements lately. None will go after him for
it. What is unacceptable is to sit on the sidelines and cynically insinuate
treacherous stuff about well-meaning people who are working their socks off
to see sanity return to the Gambia. Equally, it is just morally unbecoming of
Bojang to play this relativist games by juxtaposing the ills of Jawara
alongside Jammeh's. I suggest Bojang make decent attempts to free himself
from the conflict of loyalties he seems to be afflicted with lately.
Finally, KB i welcome you come back to the List after a brief hiatus. Your
absence was sorely felt.

Hamjatta - Kanteh