GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 20:58:49 +0200
A unedited Poem by Oko Drammeh
www.okodrammeh.com

God of the Universe ,Creator of Life,Thank you for the gifts of our
continent,Africa-for her people her rich past,her contribuyion to mother
earth. For her rich Rhythms through art and music,thank you.For her
precious stories,and her struggle for victory over circumstances thank
you.For  her beautiful people of wisdom amidst struggle,thank you for
the animal Kingdom,and to the Serengeti ,thank you.Let the living water
flow that link us with our sisters and brothers across the continent of
Africa
For the stories of the bibical Egypt and abyssnia .that have influence
Islam and Christian growth and understanding for centuries,thank you.

Peace be still in the land of our beloved Africa

 From the rich shores of West Africa -The Gambia ,Nigeria Togo
Benin,Senegal
The Ivory Coast, The Gold Coast,The Pepper coast.
Where crime of the past of Slavery and Colonisation have torn spirits,
Dear lord, mend, restore and renew. Lift the faces of the waiting
African daughters and sons of wisdom and understanding to our own faces
of compassion and Love. Bind us all in the
spirit of brotherhood and sisterhood never to be forgotten. Release the
spirit of superiority and inferiority from one another.

In central, South, Eastern and Africa forgive the crimes of the past by
thoes who might misunderstood the people ofd thoes areas Repair the
ravages of the present ,that Congo, Somalia and Sudan and all of
Southern Africa will be restored in your divine glory.

To Northern Africa-Out of Egypt may we remember the fallern people and
fortresses,rich contributors of the human story of excellence,and also
examples of the excesses of greed which remove us from our purpose on
earth,to love and serve one another in the name of the creator.Thank
you, for Egypt's myth and for the mothers asnd daughters and sons who
helped bind humanity.
May love giving and sharing return to the lands of our beloved
Africa,let her contributions be our modern world contuinue to be
understood by all. May her riches be valued and cherished by every soul
who journeys to her beautiful land and shores.

Dear lord May the villages of Africa become our village.
In the stillness of our own thoughts peace be still in Africa.

Pax Vobis cum !!!

Thank you God

Oko Drammeh
Soto Koto Music(c)