GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:07:07 +0000

  Within the midst of all the wanton bad and sad news coming from the river Gambia ,cutesy of yahya's leadership ,we have one sector that is doing just fine at the moment.These may not have any thing to do with the Jammeh ruler-ship ,but it is the Gambia we are talking about and one man who claim to be the owner of the tiny lands is the head of our government ,so he will try hard to take credit for others hard work.
  The financial market or sector in the Gambia is very promising ,i most add here that i mean the private financial sector.
  There is a feel of buoyancy and low volatility in the banking and the property market.The returns of even low risk investments are high ,whatever the reasons behind this i can't pinpoint but it may have a lot to do with heavy foreign investment.
  Currently many graduates in finance and accountancy and a compliment of banking qualification can earn you a bumper pay package.A personal friend of mine who left the government in protest of low pay is now earning per month over D25,000 ,this doesn't include the D120,000 housing allowance for the year and a new car to travel to and from work with.
  This is peanuts outside Gambia terms but a lot of money for a Gambian working and living within the Gambia.
  You can see the high spirit of this people working for the investment businesses.
  The inflation rate is low at present and the forecast are much promising ,the world bank is doing its bit to control the finance sector.A lot of British investors are choosing the Gambia even though they are aware of its political drawbacks.
  I personally believe the key reason foreign investor are pumping cash into our country have some thing to do with our good natured and less aggressive behaviour.The Gambia again has produce very competent graduates in finance and accountancy and the pay rate in reasonable as compared to England, Nigeria or Ghana.A Gambian would be happy taken home 10% less than his/her counter part in Nigeria or Ghana and the investor feel much saver accepting the risk of our country.
  The rate of competition is also very low from native Gambians.The banks are doing well .I choose to do my banking with the Islamic bank for religious reasons ,but even them they reward handsomely .I will advice brothers and sisters with some cash to spare to invest in the Gambia either in property or savings.You will not regret it .
  The volatile part of our growth is the politics.This is the only major player that can dampen the buoyancy and growth in foreign investments.Our wish should be ,whatever method the government in place can be change should be done in a process of peace and harmony.
  Gambians should take a keen interest in the property industry,if we neglect that cardinal part of our country's business ,we may live to regret it.The lands are falling in hands of British property developers who are paying heavily to buy vast square miles of lands and then resale it at high price or develop it .We the natives will be the ultimate losers.No government can stop the trend of free market taken over ,politics cannot do any thing to cob the trend .The Gambia our home land.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい