GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 09:49:09 EDT
In a message dated 5/23/2002 5:45:38 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> But Jaiteh’s gaffe is not the core issue here. The issue is that of fair
> play and the need to apply evenhandedly whatever rules there is to
> subscriber conduct on the List

Ngorr,

Also, lest it be implied that some of us are missing the point mentioned
above, let me point out that I am not at all missing the point that fair play
and even-handedness should be the rule of the day as I have already mentioned
several times. I took the time to counsel all of you that vulgarity is not
respectable in anyone's book, and that is worth being noted by any reasonable
person. Regarding the same treatment being metted out across the board, I
have mentioned that we need to look at the evidence Re: those who have been
delisted in the past as now, the reason they were de-listed,  and also to
examine whether some people have not been de-listed for the same or similar
behaviour. We should then adopt an even handed approach to whatever behaviour
is deemed undesirable and hand out the same treatment to all who violate it
alike.
This is very simple and will solve this problem once and for all, and I just
cannot believe that we cannot do such a simple thing and move on to more
productive things.

Jabou Joh