GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hasanatou Barry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 14:23:55 +0000
Dampha, with all your cries for justice, democracy and what is good for The
Gambia, why can't you even join one political party of your choice? And you
know why? I'll tell you:  Because you have no ideology! 'Ideology is to know
what you want' and you Kebba Dampha are far from knowing what you want!!!!
Secondly, you are JUST a TANGENT BOARD TIGER; Dampha. Being a party member
means work. It demands sacrifices. It means doing concrete things; that
means been faced with reality. How do you solve problems, how do you
confront setbacks, how do you accept defeat, without going for your
opponent's/adversary's head. Dampha, that demands a cultured mind, an
intelligent mind. You commend your buddy(Hamjatta) as an intelligent guy. I
say you do not know the definition of the word, and neither does he. So,
both of you look up that word.

You contradict yourself. When Seedat Jobe reisgned and was commended by
Darboe. All of a sudden he was no more Vermin, Moron, Loose Canon, you know,
your limited inflammatory vocubalary(patented too). For one time i remember
somebody cautioning you for calling the man (Seedat) vermin. I don't have
anything against Mr. Jobe, but you Dampha if you were consistent, would not
have patted Mr. Darboe on the back for his comments on Mr. Jobe. You know
why? I will tell you. If you were consistent, you would have raised the fact
that the Lives of Gambian Children is more valuable than Mr. Bharat Joshi's
expulsion. Seedat did not resign for the lives lost. He resigned for a
British national. And you called that heroic.
You ask why my uncle is not shouting now under the APRC government? Dampha,
the man has never been a hoarse-screamer before. Sarjo Jallow is not a
hater, who would agitate Gambians to be canon-fodder because he wants the
world to know that he is not a sell-out. Bring forward any document with
Sarjo Jallow's signatory and show us were he was throwing obsenities at
anybody inside or outside the PPP government as you claim he was doing under
the banner of MOJA-G. That is not my uncle. A week ago i was at his office
and as we chatted i told him how angry i am at those who call him names. His
response was: "That is the way democracy should work". What flamboyant life
is he living? Renting a two-bedroom and parlour flat, the same since 1981?
His wife still living in Sweden trying to get through Medical school?
Dampha, a Eunuch like you cannot neutralize my uncle. All you succeed in
doing is display your true colours. By using heavily-charged words like
'Neutralize' we are given a hint of what you Dampha are capable of
inflicting if given the reigns of power. You call me a 'nonentity' and that
is ok by me. I am nobody in the bigger scheme of things, but i will not stay
mute whilst you unjustly slander Sarjo Jallow's character. You don't have
that right and neither does Hamjatta your pigmy buddy. And as you dig my
uncle's grave, please make it bigger, for you never know: "Eneh Neg, Ya Chei
Fanaan". In the meanwhile please adjust your skirt! The wind is blowing and
we don't want to be 'jumujed' (sore eyes). As you and your 'mate' Hamjatta
Kanteh try to dig garbage on my uncle, be rest assured that any filth thrown
here will be returned with faeces water from the gutter.
Returning your Horse S...t,
Hasatou