GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Gajigo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:04:53 -0800
Matarr,
No country has a clean or perfect human rights record. After all, we are
talking about the real world, run by real people. A clean record on human
rights is what countries should strive towards. Some countries (e.g. USA &
Sweden) have done more than others (e.g. Libya & Saudi Arabia) in getting
towards this goal. Therefore some countries, because of their progress, have
more legitimacy on human rights issues than others. So, it follows that
Libya has no business sitting on a UN human rights commission.

Ousman