GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Essau Gambia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2007 07:42:50 -0400
STILL ON LAMARANISM- Colonel Sarr fights back!!
By Col. Sam Sarr Col. Sam Sarr

STILL ON LAMARANISM

My dear Pa Nderry,

I'm back again hoping not to be viewed as a nuisance owing to my
persistency. Anyhow you almost embarrassed me with those kind words in your
editorial. I was really flattered. Thanks once again. However I am this time
obliged to raise my concern over your statement urging me to apologize to my
friend Chongan for associating him with Lamarna. I don't know how that was
misinterpreted in that piece but I thought my trend of argument was crystal
clear in establishing that I was on the contrary trying to distance my
friend from the bad guy. The only dimension added to that was my suspicion
of Samba my mysterious e-mailer having a clandestine commonality with
Lamanara on a possible conspiracy to put me on a collision course with
Chongan. If that was not clearly presented, then I believe I must have
communicated poorly this time.

Then I read the following, wondering why you had to go that far;For your
information this paper has been reprimanded in the past by Chongan who
blamed us for attacking you in one of our editorials. This was the piece we
branded former GAF officials as cowards. That you allowed the junta led by
Jammeh to topple Jawara's government. The said piece never went down well
with your comrade Chongan. God can bear us witness on Changan's statement in
defense of you. Chongan had the belief that people like you should be
encouraged to talk and not to be antagonized. We are compelled to disclose
the private conversation we had with Chongan since he is being blackmailed
by an unknown Gambian.

 Perhaps Chongan was just too humble to mention it to you, but that very
night of that publication, we spoke over the phone during which he genuinely
expressed his dissatisfaction over what he felt was a rather unacceptable
statement. That was indeed the main reason why I didn't respond to that
article; otherwise I would have definitely come up with a rejoinder. In fact
the article I sent you yesterday was copied to him in Brussels well before
it was featured in your publication.

 We also had a brief chat over the phone concerning Lama Jallow. Amazingly,
he confirmed having a vague recollection of a Lama Barry that once worked
under him but later worked forthe late Sadibu Haidara. He doesn't know where
the chap is right now but we agreed that he may not have anything to do with
the shadowy Lamarana. But he is very frustrated with the whole issue. He
even shared his feeling with me in the e-mail below: Chongan Ebrima" Add to
Address Book Add Mobile Alert To: Subject: In Brussels Date: Thu, 17 May
2007 12:49:08 +0100 Chef des Corps, Am in Brussels should return tomorrow
will call you; just glance at the rubbish at Freedom using our webmail.
These things will always happen; my policy is once my conscience is clear am
fine. It's typical Jammeh's boys how anybody can compare murderers with
decent people. All the best and have a nice day.

Ebrima I Chongan I am therefore not worried about the gentleman. I will
continue to hold him in high esteem just like he would always deserve. By
the way, I forgot to mention this yesterday. Alhagie Kanteh was nowhere
close to where any coup speech was written in July 1994; it was a lie when
Lamarana said he was among those who terrorized Swaibou Conateh for the
"speech writing". I could vouch to that. Cheers! Col. Sam Sarr Col. Sam Sarr

Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 (Archive on Wednesday, May 30, 2007)
Posted by PNMBAI  Contributed by PNMBAI
Return <http://www.freedomnewspaper.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx>

   Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By
Po<http://www.pointclicktech.com/>

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい