GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 00:53:35 -0600
Folks,
 I don't want to dwell on this issue, but I would like to get some sort of
closure to it if possible. The reason being is that you have to stop and
scratch your for a minute because deep down we all know these guys are
bunch of CROOKS to begin with. What Tombong told us is this -  "My
APPOINTMENT was TERMINATED on Friday, November 1st." (Please note the
EMPHASIS-in caps). Now, I know many of you are good loving people and will
quickly forget that these were among many others who have hijacked our
country and put all of us in this misery, so I am taking a layman's stance
for a second here, and give my own interpretation of what he literally
meant.

Without wasting any time, let's SCREW-tinize these keywords for a moment -
APPOINTMENT & TERMINATED. He(Tombong) also noted and I quote " This would
NOT however change my contribution to the Gambia-l and will NOT change my
views either." What contribution I ask? We in the opposition could care
less - because those misinformation never did us any good, am I not right?
Hang on ight folks. He(Tombong)puts it bluntly this time and here is what
he said in fine print in case you guys missed it, "I REMAIN a Pro-Jammeh
and Pro-APRC. " Folks, I'm sorry but we must dissect ever bits and pieces
so hold tight. And note the EMPHASIS, please. BTW, Let's keep the emotions
out for the time being, shall we? Some of us are tooooooo emotional. I'm
sticking to my guns!

Speaking of EMPHASIS, let's examine the word TERMINATED for instance. It's
not hard to spell but let's look closer to what he I trying to say. Again
his APPOINTMENT was TERMINATED meaning - Tombong is no longer the DG of
GRTS. That's basically all of that in a nut shell - " I(Tombong) AM NO
LONGER THE DG OF TV". These were his exact words -not mine - not yours. So
again to a layman such as myself, he literally meant his APPOINTMENT as DG
is TERMINATED. That's NO news to those who saw it coming - Ebrima Ceesay's
sources already told us about that - even though Tombong ridiculed us at the time name-calling us 'Dreamers'. I gues we know now who was dreaming, don't we folks. In short, we warned this guy and he turned around and gave
gave us the middle finger, I mean literally. Little wonder, here we are
less than a month later Tombong is asking for our pityas if we owe that much to him. This is a pathetic. This man would have been laughing at you
all had he not learned about this sudden TERMINATION. Besides, how many
inncocent, hardworking and competent civilians were FIRED(huge difference
from being TERMINATED from an APPOINTMENT)simply because they don't
support the APRC party. And these were the lucky ones because many others
were murdered nilly-willy. Where was Tombong then? Hell, his job was NOT
to make sure thoseincident never got reported and he was compensated well for it. Wasn't he?

Folks, again I hate to dwell on frivolities, but what irks me the most is
that there are too many innocent, hardworking, and competent civilians out
there being FIRED every day by thi regime and they don't get this much
moral boost Tombong is getting. Remember he is STILL APRC and Pro-Jammeh
at large. In order words his APPOINTMENT was TERMINATED but he is NOT out
of work. What we don't know is what his next APPOINTMENT will be. And we
may never know what were the reasons that led to the TERMINATION for his
GRTS APPOINTMENT. And I don't mean that you ask him either. This guy hardly
replies to any inquiies. The G_L archives are bulging with questions most
of you have asked him in the past.

Honestly, if Tombong was really FIRED for good, he wouldn't say "I REMAIN
a Pro-Jammeh and Pro-APRC" . And you know what? He is right - this will
NOT change his views as well as his contribution to the L. It would be the
same wine, but just in a different bottle. And the only thing that will
change is his APPOINTMENT. Again, his APPOINTMENT was TERMINATED but he
is NOT out of work. And the more sympathy he gets from us(the opposition),
the better his next APPOINTMENT gets.

Folks, I'm NOT the type to sit all day with his 'Kruss' and pray for
people to be fired from their jobs, but I am also NOT the type who would
let anyone confuse my kindness with my weaknesses.  You people are re-
electing Tombong unwittingly - almost just like the voters who re-elected Jammeh. let's quit this sentimental business. Shall we?

I stand corrected,
Mr Makaveli.

PS: No hard feeelings to Tombong and his supporters. This is simply my own
observations. BTW, Tombong, FYI the job market here in the US is just too
catastrophic. Unemployment has went up to 5.4 percent and the unemployent
lines are not very encouraging either. Did you know you have to have a
COCKPIT WINDOW to drive cabs these days and a US Marshall in the front seat?. I read it on wiseguys.com

Gambians Online " Designed With The Gambian People In Mind"
               http://www.gambiansonline.com