GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:49:21 -0500
Find the story at the below link (from AP / News 2 Chicago at the very least).

I guess we want Jammeh be shamed (or do we?), but I think, well, it seems to me that he's just thumbing his nose at us, and already declaring that we all just don't know what we're talking about in our alarm, skepticism, or whatever.

But anyway, maybe I shouldn't be using the word "we", but hey.

This is well, as I've said before, I can't describe how, well, "awful?" this all is or maybe it's just like "wow, this guy is doing this?"  However as (was it Ousman Gajigao?) pointed out, if you think that "natural" remedies can heal you, and if the stage is already set for that among "the people", then, even if what we, out here, think Jammeh is doing is "madness", or wahtever, "the people ont he ground" may find it perfectly normal, but I don't know.  I'd sure like to know what "the people on the ground", really *do* think of htis.

I'm all for "homeopathic" or "traditional" or "natural" remedies, if they can *really* do the job!  However, in this case, we don't know if what Jammeh is doing *is* real, or can be reproduced in any kind of scientific setting and be scrutinized using standardized research methods and all of that.

Anyway, here comes the link:

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/topstories_story_052150403.html

Ginny

Visit me and read my blog at:  http://quickgm28.blogs.com