GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
PA NDERRY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 14:35:41 -0700
                                    By Chat boy Shakopee, Minnesota
  Once again my fellow Gambians, freedom to express one's views and obtain information is a natural right of every human being. Anyone who tries to interferes with this right of an individual is obviously fooling himself.

Dear readers, for the past two weeks since the daily observer published the nonsense report some APRC members in US have been threatening me through phone calls. If a person like me in US is threatened you can imagine the condition of people in the Gambia. In my opinion I think they are cowards. Something to take note is that the ones who are troubled and lacked self confidence are the ones who resort to aggressive tactics in order to hide their insecurity. On the contrary, the actions of a wise individual is characterized by calmness and reservation. If you observe the actions of "King" Jammeh, it is easy to see that it is his aggressive tactics are oozing with insecurity and desperation.

We all know that "King" Jammeh's regime is in its death throes. Just as the proverb that the darkest part of the night is just before the dawn, I believe the desperate acts of the regime that we are seeing now is a mark that the Jammeh "system" is breathing its last. Let us all pray and hope for the best of our country.

PS: And for those who are trying to threaten me for my views come forward directly rather than playing a hide and seek game.

Chat boy Shakopee, Minnesota
  ………………………………................................

  By Ansu Seesay
  I was deeply disturbed by the underhanded nature of this hacking affair.
Like many Gambians living abroad, your page has been very useful to me if any thing, in assessing the pulse of events in the Gambia. I may not agree with some of what you publish but I think you should have the freedom to express your feelings whoever does not like it is free to set up a different page and put forward a counter point of view.

As you know, unauthorized access to such personal electronic medium is
potentially criminal. Also, you do have some responsibility to protect some of your subscribers. As you well know, some of these people write to you at grave personal risk. In light of these facts, have you taken any legal steps to bring those who hacked in to your e-mail to justice?

Thanks
Ansu Seesay
………………………………............................................

  MY APPEAL TO PRESIDENT JAMMEH AND THE PEOPLE OF THE GAMBIA.
  By Amulie Janneh
  I would like to extend my congratulation to the head of state and the people of the Gambia for being awarded the opportunity to host AU summit in Gambia. This is an excellent opportunity for the people of the Gambia and APRC government to demonstrate its commitment to international standards on human rights.
  I would like to highlight the importance of human rights protections as part of Gambia’s membership in the international human rights communities, in particular the right to freedom of expression, association assemble guaranteed by international human law and by gambias own constitution. Gambians citizens and member of the international media who may express via the press or other writings, wed posting, or verbally ideas of democracy, labor right, or the human rights issues should be afforded the right to speak openly and honestly without fear of censorship, detention or imprisment.
  To this end, I also call on for the immediate release of all individual jailed for seeking to exercise their right to freedom of expression, association and assembly.
  ………………………………..........................
  By Gambian Boy
  Hello,

Some comments under the rating section are way beyond the limits of decency. Some people even insult each other's mother under the rating section. This is very bad for the site and will affect the credibility of the site.Please take some action to screen the comments such that only decent comments are posted.

  PS: This does not refer to the articles that are published but just what some people write under the Rating section (beneath published articles).

  By a Concerned Gambian
  Hi pa, dictator Jammeh is doing every thing he could to stop people reading your leading newspape. We are here more than one week now we couldn’t access the freedomnewspaper.com and I’m very much sure that the paper is alive and kicking. I spoke to a friend of mine this morning in Uk , who informed me that the paper is alive. Mr. Pa, their are thousands of people here in the Gambia who are reading your paper every day before these things happened. Your paper is hotter than any paper presently in the Gambia. Keep it up, god will never make cry for all the good job you did for masses.
  Your esteemed reader
  in the Gambia

Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 (Archive on Wednesday, June 28, 2006)
Posted by PNMBAI  Contributed by PNMBAI
    Return