GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:28:51 +0000
Guys:

  This cutting edge medicinal invention in tiny Gambia calls for major celebration, a national holiday perhaps

  The fantastic discovery heralds the onset of a very healthy nation. This is certainly some groundbreaking development!

  Isn't wonderful that we are on the global map for something quite so positive?

  A national achievement at this level must be acknowledged and commended

  What are we waiting for?

  Let us please celebrate, one and all!

LJDarbo

Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Please tell me I'm dreaming...

Kanilai medicine hits market

Written by DO
Tuesday, 27 December 2005
Kanilai medicine reputed to cure a wide range of ailments, including diarrhoea, malaria, headache, muscular pain, and partial blindness, was on Friday formally introduced into the Gambian market at the July 22 Square in Banjul.

Bottled in two different sizes of Naturelle plastic containers, Kanilai medicine was sold at D100 and D300 to hundreds of Gambians who queued up to buy the popular medicine that had been showcased at the second National Trade Fair at the Independence Stadium in Bakau.

According to President Jammeh, who graced the selling of the latest locally produced medicines with his presence, Kanilai medicine is efficacious against Sexually Transmitted Infections(STIs) and abdominal pains, as well as helping to regularise menstrual periods.

He described the preparation of the medicine as "hectic and time consuming", explaining that its preparation is accompanied by the recitation of the Holy Scriptures.

The Gambian leader warned the public against buying the medicine from unauthorised agents. "People are unscrupulous. They can dilute this and start selling it to people. You can buy from us directly.

"It will be futile for anyone to obtain or buy the medicine from any where else without coming to us.

"We are only selling it in bottles of Naturell with codes. Next time we're selling it, we are going to change the codes," he said.
Besieged by a crowd of appreciative buyers, President Jammeh in his characteristic magnanimity, gave out bottles of the Kanilai medicine free to the elderly and students.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい