GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Loum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 21:15:12 -0800
Dear List Members,
I am very pleased to inform you that a very good
friend of mine, Raye sosseh has just successfully
defended his doctoral dissertation. Raye spent the
past four years at the Georgia Institute of Technology
working towards a Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering. He
will be joining Seagate Technology, a high tech.
company based in California as a researcher. I wish
Raye the very best of luck and lots of success in his
future endeavours
Greetings
Momodou Loum
--- pa ali ceesay <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<HR>
<P><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&gt;From: Saikou Samateh</P>
<P>"A very sad story indeed.Such have been a great
problem in the Badibus"</P>
<P>this problem is not only great in the badibus but
affects over 70% of gambians&nbsp;&nbsp;influence by
this oppressive ,anacronisticand shameless
mindset&nbsp; for many centuries.this is a national
and regional problem that must must be given the
utmost concederation since the dominant language
groups&nbsp; -mandiga, fulla, wollof, sarahule etc are
all greatly affected by this caste mindset </P>
<P>,"this is not the first time and Mr Wally who is
living to defy such nonsense not only in his home
village but in other areas too should have been
treated with respect and not to be humiliated by
deportation."</P>
<P>the struggle carried out by the honourable WALLY is
beeing carried out silently and openly in many parts
of thr gambia and in the diaspora.the question is why
is it that the struggle against an&nbsp;oppressive
social and cultural caste system impossed by a
historically obsolate parasitic&nbsp;self declared
upper caste minority still remains defeated?</P>
<P>"Did we not travel to SA demanding for reparation ?
and then we entertain such nonsense among our
selves",</P>
<P>Is the caste mindset not similar to south african
aparthied minset?this nonsense of the caste system
affecting the majority of gambians is a nonsense of
long historic duration similar to the centuries of
local colaboration with the slave raiding wars and
trade with the&nbsp;berbers,arabs and europeans and
presently similar to the entertaiment of&nbsp;
oppressive political nonsenses since 1965 .how can we
explain the entertainment of such nonsense by&nbsp;
the  majority of the people?</P>
<P>I have my very doubts if Mr commissioner will do
anything in this case since February is just around
the corner.</P>
<P>yes,your doubts are warranted.the caste sysem is
complex&nbsp;intertwined and cemented in the present
traditions cultures and mindset&nbsp; of most
gambians. the commissioners and the state he
represents&nbsp;do not have the competence nor
insterest to deal with such problems,we can only
expect superficial arangements that suits their
temporal political agenda in the area,</P>
<P>we need to qualitatively accelarate the review
of&nbsp;the principal  history of the experience of
our peoples resistance&nbsp;in all areas of human
activity &nbsp;with a sole motive to chart a strategic
and tactical direction that&nbsp;mobolise the majority
of  the oppressed masses to cast aways all yokes and
reconstructure a new gambian society without caste
discrimination,dignified and properous</P>
<P>Only a true cultural revolutionary movement guided
by a truely modern african cultural revolutionary
theory&nbsp; link with the practices of&nbsp; the
known&nbsp; and unknown wallys can solve the caste
Hotmail on your mobile device: <a
href='http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag2_etl_EN.asp'>Click

To view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web
interface
at:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html
To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail
to: