GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:53:57 -0400
Kats, rest assured that the best political 'spinmeisters' in this world
CANNOT spin this one, let alone the mental midgets we have back home. The
Tribe has spoken. BAABAA JOBE IS NOTHING BUT A LOW-LIFE CRIMINAL. He has
been condemned by the whole world. The first Gambian to be singled out by a
body such as the United Nations and branded as a criminal in the league of
the Charles Taylors of this world. Yaya's own right-hand man is a condemned
man. Gambia is a pariah State any way you want to slice it. First it was the
'Blood Diamond' and now this. Any respectable government would have fired
Sedat Jobe and Blaise Jagne by now. As I said before, these bandits have
brought upon us enough shame to last us several generations. Who would have
thought that Gambians are capable of distinguishing themselves the way this
criminal has distinguished himself from civilized folks? How would the Wally
Ndows of this world feel sitting at the helm of the United Nations seeing
nonentities like BaaBaa Jobe tarnish the image of our country? This brings
me enormous pain. The sooner we get rid of these low-lives, the better.

If you ask me, the UN should have gone for the real McCoy (Yaya). He owns
the plane. BaaBaa Jobe is only a patsy; albeit a very dumb one. Who in their
right minds will allow the whole world to condemn you because you want to
please a moron like Yaya? Frankly, I never thought that we had Gambians this
inept. This is mind-boggling. These morons are so stupid they cannot even
cover their tracks effectively. The UN should have also banned Amadou Samba
and Tarik Musa. These corrupt businessmen are also in it. They might not
have received the diamonds from Charles Taylor and purchased the arms
destined for Casamance, Sierra Leone and Liberia, but they sure know what
BaaBaa Jobe was up to. Samba and Musa might have escaped the UN, but they
will NOT escape our watchful eyes. They can call us haters if they want, but
I guarantee them that they will account for their criminal activities during
Yaya's Misrule.

When the day of reckoning comes, it will NOT be an excuse to say that one
engaged in corrupt activities because one was scared of BaaBaa Jobe. In
other words Samba and Musa cannot claim that they are aiding and abetting in
Yaya's criminal enterprise because they are scared of BaaBaa Jobe.

Kats, the only possible spin that can come out of this is for the shameless
criminal (BaaBaa Jobe) to go around town pretending that he is a macho man.
He is swimming with sharks like Charles Taylor. Remember how it is cool in
certain environment to try and act 'tough'? That is the best commodity the
vermin has. But we know the WIMP. He might go around in the country carrying
an illegal gun, but we all know that when push comes to shove, you see him
running with his tail in between his legs. He is as impotent as his boss,
Yaya. They are all cowards. What happened during the Basse Ambush? Didn't
BaaBaa Jobe and his brother run away and waited until the Police arrested
Ousainou Darboe et al before they returned to the Police Station trying to
assert their authority? If Jobe was the man he pretends to be, would he not
have fought for one of his thugs that was killed during the Ambush? This man
is nothing but a low-life criminal. When it is all said and done, he will be
reduced to the nonentity he is and paraded on TV to weep (like the little
boy he is) for mercy. Just watch.

Kats, just yesterday during my lunch break I was thinking of writing a piece
on BaaBaa Jobe and his extortionist behavior. I returned from my appointment
and what did I see? That The World Body has condemned the man. I spoke to
some businessmen operating in the country (Gambia) and all they complain
about is this despicable BaaBaa Jobe. He goes to people's business premises
asking for donations for the APRC. Goes to civil servants and force them to
buy APRC 'membership cards'. Because some of these businessmen (mainly
Lebanese) knew about Jobe's close relationship with Yaya, they fear that if
they do not give in to Jobe's bully tactics, they might be deported or even
killed. Needless to say, these are baseless fears. What I told these people
is that BaaBaa Jobe does NOT show his criminal behavior to everyone. He
picks on vulnerable foreigners he knows would not stand up to him. I told
them whether they asked themselves why Jobe was not going to Albert Market
to muzzle Badibunkas. I reminded them of the Wollof saying that a monkey
(BaaBaa Jobe in this case) knows what tree trunk to scratch his butt with. I
told them to stand up to the bully. He is nothing but a coward. I referred
them to the 411 Saul Khan gave us on BaaBaa Jobe some months back on G_L.

No businessman should work for their hard earned cash and let a parasite and
a coward like BaaBaa Jobe steal it from you. It will just take one Lebanese
businessman to clip Jobe's wings. Stand up to him as a matter of principle
and let the chips fall where they may. BaaBaa Jobe should not enslave anyone
in the country. At times it is even better to die or be deported from Gambia
than to kiss up to a low-life like BaaBaa Jobe. When we get rid of Yaya, we
will seize all the moneys he stole from the business community in the name
of APRC. Whether the Party (gang of criminals) get all the money Jobe
extorts from the Lebanese is another matter. In any case, Jobe will be held
responsible for this highway robbery.

Kats, people on the ground should ensure that the low-life (BaaBaa Jobe)
does NOT come out of this with an exaggerated sense of masculinity. The man
was singled out by the UN NOT because he is the bravest Gambian around, but
because he is the DUMBEST CRIMINAL in The Gambia. I mean, who will allow a
moron like Yaya to use you as a PATSY. They are all IMPOTENTS.
KB