GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:50:01 EDT
Ebou Colley(?):
I understand that you and Batch have a private score to settle and perhaps he
did use your last ill advised and rambling self tribute to attack your
personality.

Nevertheless, I for one, have no doubts about your importance to the
struggle.  Your Coup series provides a great inside account of what
transpired during the darkest days in the history of The Gambia.
Nevertheless, I take your accounts at face value.  Nothing more and nothing
less!  The importance, relevance and veracity of the information you have
provided have to be viewed in relation to the overall role the Gambian
security forces as a WHOLE played in what transpired.  Additionally, the role
or non-role the top officers in the Gambian army played in these dark moments
also have to be taken into account.

With these two crucial elements in mind, I do have many questions about your
nieces.  But, in the true spirit of the straggle, perhaps we would all be
better served by letting you tell your crucial accounts of what happened.

My issue with you is the way you have chosen to downplay your slur to all
Gambians who you consider nonentities.  You even had the audacity to
apologize to Jabou and Joe only and at the same time, again brush off those
people who you consider non-entities.  This is the type of arrogance and
eliticism which  you showed in your last piece and now this one.

I have very little respect for the Gambian security forces and those that
make up its ranks future or present.  You are the reason our country is in
such a mess and though I will acknowledge your importance in the struggle for
now anyway, don't be surprised if you are and your cohorts someday get
confronted about your true role in the events that led up to the demise of
our country.

Its ok for now, bro...