GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 10:05:05 PST
Brother Sheikh,

It is with deep sadness that I have learnt of the death of a giant in
Islamic Studies, Sereign Yunussa Kah.

Sereign Yunussa Kah, as Sheikh Tijan Nyang rightly pointed out, was a
renowned religious/islamic scholar, known throughout Africa, especially
within the Senegambia region, and, certainly, his departure will surely be
missed.

My heartfelt condolences to the entire Kah family in the Gambia and Senegal
on this sad loss. May his soul rest in peace.

Ebrima Ceesay,
Birmigham, UK.