GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:00:58 -0500
Gassama, me and you have gone through this route before and you
unceremoniously left when you realized that you CANNOT hold your ground and
defend the indefensible.  You are again embarked on a futile campaign trying
to argue that Yaya is not corrupt.  Even Yaya when you ask him, he either
flatly refuses to discuss his assets or he would feed gullible people some
ridiculous story about ‘Allah’s Bank’.  But you, you will shamelessly try to
call people liars and try to cloud clearly defined issues.

Before I go on to reiterate incontrovertible proof I already told you about
Yaya’s corruption, let me touch on the Ebou Colly ‘series’ you mentioned in
your piece.  Remember how people like me jumped on you when you came here
with crocodile tears about how you and your wife cried about the slaughter
of Lieutenant Saye and Barrow?  Now, what I hear you saying is that since
the revelations came around election time, the revelations are not credible.
  Is that your position?  Because Ebou Colly told us that story at the time
he did, Saye was not slaughtered?  Does this make sense to you? Are you in a
position to hand over the body of that man to his family? Better still, can
you tell us that the man is not dead? If my memory serves me right, Ebou
Colly was responding to numerous questions that were asked of him. His
narration did not just start and stop at the heinous events of November
1994. He explained what transpired from July 22, 1994 to and after November
1994. Others like Chongan also narrated their experiences with this
diabolical regime that Colly was not privy to. So, for your information,
Colly did NOT just spring up before the election to say bad things about
Yaya and his cohorts. Besides, even if he did that, are you trying to say
that just because it was approaching elections people should not narrate
AFPRC/APRC atrocities?

You know what is nauseating? For vermin like you to question the patriotism
of seasoned soldiers like Colly, that put their lives on the line to defend
defenseless Gambians. Unlike Yaya (that pretends to be a soldier when he has
NEVER fired a weapon before), Colly experienced combat situation. Just
because the man said something bad against AFPRC/APRC around election time,
he does not have the interest of the nation at heart? Are you all right? You
might not see him on G_L, but that does not mean that the man is ‘shelving
the national interest’. I can understand your confusion because to you, your
life now revolves around coming to G_L to exhibit your sycophancy to the
morons running our country. In your twisted logic, the more you praise Yaya,
the more patriotic you are. You people are just shameless. If I were Colly I
would not be offended you questioned his patriotism. Like I said here the
other day, if Baabaa (Blood Diamond Dealer) Jobe can stand up and
shamelessly question a heavyweight like Halifa Sallah, who are we on G_L to
be offended if mental midgets like you do not understand what patriotism
means.

Now to the issue about corruption. Again, as I understand your argument, all
you have to say is that it is illogical for me to say that Yaya stole
millions of dollars that came from Taiwan meant for the Gambian poor. Need I
tell you that because something is illogical to you does not mean that it
did not happen? I do not think that even at the height of your sycophancy
you will claim that you know everything about AFPRC/APRC crimes and you know
how Taiwan works with rogue nations. What I have told you about Yaya and the
millions of dollars in Swiss Bank accounts is CONTAINED IN A JUDGMENT BEFORE
THE SWISS COURTS IN CASE NUMBER CP/449/1995. I told you this before. But who
can blame you for having selective amnesia. I will repeat here some of the
things I told you before about the ‘Taiwan millions’. But first, let me
address this issue you keep raising about the transportation of cash to The
Gambia. Ask Fatoumatta Jahumpa to ask her brother (Bala, then Finance
Minister) about the trip to Taiwan. While at it also ask them whether I am
lying when I say that a top AFPRC official was apprehended in Europe with
suitcases full of cash traveling from Taiwan to Banjul.

I will now give you an excerpt of the said judgment on page four: “Heard as
a witness on the 20th of March, 1996, the manager of the seized accounts at
Credit Lyonnais explained firstly, that he went to Gambia where he met
President Jammeh who wished to open a personal bank account with Credit
Lyonnais.  The manager declared that on that occasion President Jammeh and
Ebou Jallow appeared to be on excellent terms, to the point where President
Jammeh gave Ebou Jallow a general power of attorney to his personal account.
A sum of US$1,700,000 was paid into the said account in August 1995 –
deposited in cash by Ebou Jallow.

Ebou Jallow held the power of attorney on President Jammeh’s personal
account until the 13th of October, 1995, that is, the day after Ebou
Jallow’s resignation from his duties and the cancellation of his diplomatic
passport.

Secondly, for the US$3,000,000 in contention, transferred from the Central
Bank of Gambia to account no: 49275 opened in Ebou Jallow’s name at Credit
Lyonnais, the account manager is equally categorical: when Ebou Jallow asked
to remove the entire US$3,000,000 in cash, the manager contacted President
Jammeh by telephone who confirmed to him that he was aware of the fact that
the amount originated from the Central Bank of Gambia and that it had been
credited to Ebou Jallow’s personal account.”

Now, Gassama, am I lying about this because I hate Yaya? Did I make him
decide to steal from government coffers? Because Ebou Jallow decided to
‘apologize’ to Yaya (at a personal level) does that mean that the above
evidence (given under oath before a Swiss court) is wrong? Remember, the
bank manager herein is NOT a ‘Yaya-hater’. You simply make no sense.

The above excerpts talk of a total deposit of US$4,700,000. On page three of
the same ruling, the judge mentioned that on January 16, 1996, “an
additional complaint relating to the sum of US$20,000,000 [twenty million US
dollars] was lodged by the Republic of Gambia against Mr. Ebou Jallow, an
additional complaint mixed with a request for sequestration of accounts held
by Mr. Ebou Jallow or to which he had economic right at Citibank
(Switzerland) as well as at Citibank N.A. New York, branch of Geneva.”

Need I say more, Gassama? And do not even think about giving me that bogus
story about Yaya getting money from Sani Abacha or Babanding.  In early 1995
none of these characters were in the scene. Besides, are you not even
ashamed to try and explain off Yaya’s ‘wealth’ by pointing to a Dictator
like Sani Abacha that stole billions of dollars from poor Nigerians? Are you
sure Yaya wants to be linked with people like Babanding? I think some of you
need to watch your step as you embark in this bottomless pit of competing
about who is the best sycophant. In your haste to outdo each other, you
unwittingly admit certain things for Yaya. Nigerians are after Sani Abacha
and you are telling us that he might have given some of his loot to Yaya.
The other time it was your sidekick, Essa Sey, that told the whole world
that Yaya owned and ran (capable of hiring and firing employees) Millennium
Airlines after the man (Yaya) has gone through elaborate lengths to pin that
to Baabaa Jobe, Amadou Samba and Tarik Musa. But, who am I to tell you guys
to watch your back? When the time comes, rest assured that it would be a
breeze to prove that Yaya is the most corrupt Gambian the country has ever
seen.
KB