GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar Hatab <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 03:06:55 -0000
My dear Mr Kujabi sir

You label me a dishonest intellectual, a cafe intellectual, a dishonest and
undemocratic intellectual. Well, thanks a lot sir. I did not even know that
I deserved the venerable title of 'intellectual' - cafe, dishonest, or
otherwise. Indeed, I consider myself the lowliest of the low. I feel really
honoured to see that a fine gentleman of your calibre could use your very
valuable time and energy to read, analyse and critique my humble writings,
which are an art form I'm seeking to perfect. I'm so sorry that you do not
seem to like my style of writing, for very good reasons I'm sure. There are
others however, who have expreesed keen interest in my satires. All this is
to be expected, isn't it? Divergent views, different tastes in literature,
different outlooks?
However, with all due respect sir, I wish to claim my inalienable right to
recieve and impart information, and to express myself in the form and manner
I deem most suitable to my considered purposes, in line with Article 19 of
the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and in line with Section 25(1) of
the Constitution of the Republic of The Gambia, 1997. I'm so sorry that you
do not seem to like my style of writing, for very good reasons I'm sure.
Please feel free to express your opinions on anything I write. Your views
shall all be taken in good faith. After all, we are trying to build a solid
democratic culture. Thanks so much Mr Kujabi. Have a very blessed Tobaski
and many more blessed returns. God bless you.
Baba