GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:11:05 -0800
I will reproduce below the full text of my apology to His Excellency,
Dr. Alhajie Y. A. J. J. Jammeh, President of the Republic of The
Gambia.  I am very glad that my dear brother has forgiven me, and
ishallah, next elections I will make sure he has a landslide victory.

Ku nee Ak kalla Saff!

H. E. Dr. Y. A. J. J. Jammeh
President of the Republic of The Gambia
State House,
Banjul, The Gambia                                 16 November, 2001

Your Excellency,

I would like to join the ranks of those who wish you well by
extending my congratulations to you and the APRC.   May Allah give
you the wisdom to govern our beloved country.

Years have passed since we last heard from each other.  I choose to
break the silence today and render my unconditional apology to your
Excellency.  I cannot list the wrongs and trespasses I have committed
against you in person without exhausting this letter.  However, I
believe that our common interest for a better Gambia far exceeds our
individual differences.  Only the divine grace of Allah and the love
of Christ can ever solve the mystery of passions that have divided
us.

I wish you well and pledge my support to all your sincere efforts
towards the development of the Gambia.  I hope and pray we use this
opportunity to resolve all innuendoes, malicious propaganda and
riddles about any misappropriated public funds that have been peddled
by the envious for so long.

I pray Allah’s infinite mercy to accept our supplications during the
holy month of Ramadan.

Your’s Faithfully,

Ebou Jallow
cc: local news agencies