GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 11:25:06 +0200
Most of the people here on the L might know Baba jobe just after his return
from Libya to join the APRC and the gang.In 1989, I was in Libya and I
stayed there for seven months . At that time Baba jobe was a so called
student at Jamiya, the university of Tripoli where colonel Moamar Gaddafi's
"kitabul agdar" the green book was the subject he claimed to be a major in.
These and what ever I might be saying about Mr Jobe should be taken
seriously since there would be more revelations about this so called
patroitic Gambian.Baba was a cunned man. He was one of those Gambians in
collaboration with one Senegalese dissident Jah who were responsible for the
detention and the arrest and the continous abduction of Gambians to be
trained in a terrorsit camp called Mataba.
I supposed most of the people on the L would recalled the Farafeni incident
when some rebels attacked the barracks.These rebels were said to be linked
to kukoi Samba sanyang.They named a man called Jah.Yes this is the same Jah
am reffering to.
Baba jobe and Jah and some others whose names would be mentioned later were
the ones abducting Africans with the help of young libyan army
recruits for heavy ransom demands paid by other africans to secure the
release of their friends abducted by these bandits.These ransom money
is then poceted by him and his friend. The sad thing was most of the
abductees never come back, despite the ransom been paid.
Baba Jobe knew where illegal Gambians were living. If in case he is intouch
with the L, I would be glad to mention some few places which were his
familiar territory. ABUSLIM, the infamous detention centre
where the nails of detainees were forcefully removed and beaten on the feet
untill their manhood is completly destroyed.ABUSLIM is a district in
Tripoli.I used to live there.Girgarese,  another district of Tripoli. This
was another area where illegal gambians were living at that time.
I would like to give more insight about this man who knows so little and
unfortunately the adviser to the head of state. From what I know about this
man the only thing He could possibly advice Yaya is the method of torture he
learnt from his libyan friends.
I most go now but expect more about this semi literate from me soon.
My personal conversation with him just after the begining of the golf war.My
only advice to the people back home in the Gambia is that,watch him
carefully for he is the type ready to do anything to achieve his
his goals.He would kill and torture to keep his boss in place.He knows the
methods and will surely use them in the coming general elections.