GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:25:01 +0000
He advice me to forward it here.

  Dear Mr Editor,
  I have great admiration for you but that admiration is being extremely exercised by the veiled arrogance you exhibit lately toward your contributors especially in the person of Suntou Ture. You really undervalue the guy. He is no moron and his persona is no oxymoron for tribalism.
  First he is chartered certified accountant currently embarking on a Masters program in Islamic finance and banking at mark field University, Leicester UK. His is a mixture fana fana, Mandingo and Fulla if you would know. He can speak all these languages fluently so I don't visualise him an agitator of tribal discord.
  It is sacrosanct for us all to rise above pedestrian politics and concentrates on constructive debate premised on the need to maintain Gambian unity, fraternity and progress. If there is any perceptive exhortation of this century for the Gambia and Africa is to celebrate and appreciate tribal difference, harness our individual competences as an instrument of development not retrogression.
  No one will enter Janna as result of your tribal pigmentation if you like. And Janna is the pinnacle of success.
  Gambia is a tiny country which cannot afford to engender tribalism. As Ahmet Deedat said in his lecture, "anyone (any nation for that matter); that resort to the distinction of race, blood and language is bound to perish." We are a very mixed nation where inter-tribal marriage is celebrated and it has been tranquilizer for discord and malevolence; that should be nurtured not stunted by individuals who have superficial love for our nation. Nay, they have cultist ambitions with penchant for image and elitism.
   Thanks

  Lamin darboe
  Leicester UK

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい