GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harona S Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:53:50 -0500
Yus & Abdoulie:

There are no doubts as to Juwara's ability in representing himself and
someone else for that matter. The concern here is a conflict of interest in
his representing a defunct party while serving another party. Where would
the line be drawn between the two? It would have been a different story, if
he were not so prominent in the affairs of the UDP.

Another concern is, Buba Baldeh being the head of the Daily Observer. I do
not doubt his credentials. However, his decisions and judgement will be
clouded by his interest in the APRC. He talked about editorial independence.
Will there be? Will he let a reporter write negative stories on the APRC?
We'll wait and see.

About Sir Dawda, he has many achievements to his name including putting the
Gambia in the eyes of the international community. That said, he still has
bugs in his bed. We prefer not to talk about that. All said and done, the
old Pa is a gentleman of the highest order.
Your thoughts.
Harona.