GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:42:48 EDT
This is a very good question Dagmar. Pursuing the isuse of "election
monitors" is a must, and so is the absentee vote. These two important issues
have been mentioned several times on this forum, but it is time we get down
to the business of making them a priority, and a reality.

Election monitors have been used in many instances in the World and what we
need to know is the process required. I know that former President Jimmy
Carter has been involved in the monitoring of elections and i will contact
the Carter Center and get some information. Some of the folks in Atlanta can
also help in this regard.
As for the absentee vote, I suggest that those  who can shed some light on
how to proceed should provide this information. Perhaps this question can be
raised with the head of the IEC now visiting in Washington? We must move
beyond debating and make some of these ideas a reality, and it takes a
collective effort to make it happen.Just a handful of people cannot do it.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 10/27/00 8:31:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,