GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
omar joof <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:37:45 +0000
Conteh,
We understand your position, and none of us should celebrate simply because
Baba Jobe has been put behind bars. The system of terror that he helped put
in place is still alive and kicking in our beloved motherland. The idea that
you can coerce the masses into loyalty has been part of the A(F)PRC's
thinking even before Baba Jobe became prominent in their ranks, thus his
being sent to jail can hardly represent a relief for the masses. The enemy
of the masses is the A(F)PRC regime with its policy of spreading its
tentacles into the entire fabric of Gambian society, so that they can keep
at bay all alternative forces and retain their abnoxious political
leadership in place.
Baba Jobe is a brother and compatriot, but I do not feel sorry for him,
though we should always denounce injustice, notwithstanding who the victims
are. Over the years, he helped maintain the A(F)PRC' reign of terror over
Gambians. He has been the very embodiment of the Jammeh regime's arrogance
and "rude boy" posture. Baba at some point declared that anybody who wants
to get rid of Yaya Jammeh will have to get rid of him first. He served the
Dictator of Kandinlai as a sainted master. He used to give the impression
that Yaya Jammeh is infallible, and even gave him the venerable madinka
title  " Keebaa". Baba made himself so available to Yaya that he would do
anything the tyrant demanded without remembering that the Gambia is bigger
than anyone of us. Baba Jobe and Yaya Jammeh are the most treacherous
Politicians ever borned in The Gambia. They are a murderous duo! The only
good thing is that they will now not be able to put their evil thoughts
together for the detriment of The Gambian masses. But the the Baba Jobe I
knew wont bother to go to jail for ten years if that is the only thing that
will protect Yaya Jammeh.It is only a matter of time before the whole world
discovers that Baba Jobe got his directives directly from Yaya Jammeh and
that they are partners in crime and sin.
Omar Joof.

>From: Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Who Would Have Thought That...?
>Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 06:21:45 -0500
>
>Comrades:
>
>Who would have thought that Baba Jobe would be sitting in prison today?
>Who would have
>have thought that the mighty Baba who intimidated, tortured, and harassed
>Gambians would
>be sentenced to a lengthy prison term?  Who would have thought that Mr.
>APRC would be
>disowned by a tyrant government that continues to be indifferent.
>
>  I am crying today!  I am sick today!  I looked around and I cannot find
>Baba.  I cry because even
>though I disagreed with Baba, I condemn the injustice done to him.  I cry
>because a frontal attach
>on Baba serves as an element of torture against every Gambian.  I am sick
>today because I
>believe in democracy, rule of law and the right of every Gambian.
>
>The dictatorship in the Gambia has failed the Gambian people.  I advocate
>that we forget our differences
>and embrace the few positives that unite us.  The issue is that if we
>continue to have a yaha Gambia, our
>rights will certainly be compromised.  I am sleeping in the same bed with
>Baba today.  I cannot endorse
>the injustice done to him.
>
>If you assess the trend of the yahya dictatorship, you will conclude that
>he makes friends, uses and
>discards them.  Take a look at what happened to Sabally.  Oh what a
>coincidence!  Was Sabally not sentenced
>to 9 years?  Is Sabally not out now?  So Baba in, Sabally out.  What a
>disgrace that one individual has the
>ultimate power to deny Gambians their basic rights!
>
>I advocate that we unite.  I advocate that we seek the truth.  I affirm
>that we look at things collectively.  I
>believe that yahya has compromised and tribalized the Gambia.  I
>categorically state that, should we
>fail to unite, we will be contributing to a yahya distruction.
>
>We must unite and defeat the APRC in the upcoming bi-election in Jarra
>West.  We must idealize the pain that
>Baba is going through.  We must win this seat.  Though it seems illogical
>and unconventional, we must join
>forces with Baba's supporters in Jarra West.  I would rather sleep with a
>former enemy who has been
>marginalized than enable a tyrant who continues to deny us our rights.
>
>As we get closer to the presidential election, we must swallow the
>inevitable and join forces even with those
>who were part of the APRC dictatorship.  We should welcome any
>dissolutioned APRC supporter who wants
>to join ranks with us.  We cannot afford to lose those who are
>disenfranchise wth the APRC indifference.
>
>Naphiyo,
>Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh

>Web interface

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*