GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:11:06 +0100
..

"Politicians come and go but Artists stay with  us forever."

I will not pledge my vote for  in tribal politics
We have to mature politically in the Gambia
There is no miracle in African politics that sudden change of government can be avoided.
It is the job of  politicians to nail down politicians. Free the simple citizens from
victimisation.
We critism is inour stories art and  music and poetry.
The artists job is to advance the course of cultural progress and hope to influence the minds of
the people
for future progress enriched by history and authenticity

The artist is a library. It is only to give information and not to pass judgement.
But settle disputes between rulers and citizens
Stevie Wonderdid did not have a political corner stone, Bob Marley, James Brown
But they have played a significant role in political education without direct confrontation with
states and heads of state.
You may think that they don't know what George Bush is doing??

We do think political but I do not involve in party politics. But will vote.
My duty is to Warn Gambians of danger and to Encourage Gambian  and above all open up to all
Gambians for Consultati
I will let people's power takes it's course." Ballot or the Bullets.
I can ALWAYS give good historical eye witness account of things I know of.

Lastely ,the Human right watch in Africa is too blind too see and the YOUTH mass movements are
too slow ( or non-exsistant ) to respond.
In England and America I can critize the leaders and in Holland without my head being broken
Secondly in the Gambia there is no DEFENCE mechanism to save the lives of their leaders.The
opposition (Collectively or single) do not have the tactics and means to defend anyone. There is
NO underground movement( like before)  to fight for anyone.It is a dead end . No help/NAD

The worst thing an Artist must do is to live and die today and buried with all that oral history,
wisdom. poetry, slained by a regime.Just ,like being burn like Hitler and the jewish libraries.

CAUTION !!! On day soon consciousness will cover the earth like water covers the sea,

Oko Drammeh