GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
yeks drame <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:01:22 PDT
Mr. Njai,

Lets not be emotional here. You are really not doing justice to me and
neither your self. The brother just claimed that Islam is a racist religion,
which I believe he is inter-relating the attitudes of the arabs and Islam
towards Bilal, that he was black..".that all muslims are brain-washed, that
they are all brothers and equal"

Islam teaches that all Muslims are brothers and equal- not what the arabs
feel about others who dont look like them !

Certainly, to justify the contradiction on your comment about our society,
we disregard our own people because they are griot, blacksmith, cobla and
the like! despite we are all muslims, what do you call that ?

You dont need to be so sensitive about this issue hence you cannot see that
we are disguising our own problem and claiming it on others!

Lastly, brother, My stand is not to condem anybodys believe. Dont send the
wrong message ! I respect every ones opinion and what ever they believe in.

I am saying Islam calls for brotherlyhood and equality- that is the
teachings of the Quran. And we must remember that the arabs have their
attitudes just like anyother mankind but that do not have represent Islam.
Yahya