GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ABDOUKARIM SANNEH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2007 11:46:32 +0100
Kabir
  Thanks for your prompt reply. I alway dream for united Africa. In looking at the portion in the world of Walter Rodney stated even before our people came into contact with European we are a development people having our own institutions. They are lot of phsical anthropological truth in that statement. In Chekh Anta Diop work -Black civilization-fact realities and myth the hypothesis of ancient Eygptian civilization is Black  was been proof through carbon dating. How can we regain  our position in history. Which small economy is Africa has dominate the force of neoliberal economy of globalisation? Kibir non for that matter. We are only still a source of raw material for developed economy. How can we use globalisation to our advantage is through one union Government. Today China is using capitalism to its advantage without a hint to global warming. United States did not sign the Kyoto convention because of critically assessment of its impact to American economy. Many narrow
 minded African leaders continue assess the real benefit of Union Government to the havenot because not understand the present global political economy.

Kabir Njaay <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Abdou,

I see your problem now is no longer with a United Africa?

No! "Accumulation of private property is" NOT "as old of the history of
mankind..." (SIC)

Only a couple of days ago you requested and got a link to Rodney's famous
work. Right at the beginning of the book he made it clear that in the
beginning humans lived in a 'communal' setting. Under communalism, humans
did not accumulate wealth. The fruits of their labour was divided equally
among them.

On the rest, I am sure 'pambazuka' will only be too happy to publish a
rebuttal of Taju's concept from you.

Regards,

Kabir.