GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
YERO MAMA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 04:40:55 +0000
Well said Ous and Tombong Saidy!
           You see i have been a loner in that approach months back and
disrespectful sparrows made me turn my coat to show the red part of it! Now
all predictions of doom have come to be untrue! This is why from the onset i
refused accepting to pose my feet on the sticky stuff from those who were
feeding themselves from "blind-folded" admiration and rumour printing
machines.It was during that era of resisting such unpalatable fabriactions
that i earned myself snobbism from some heads,hatred from some
hearts,fabricated satires from some poisonous nibs,itching blood veins that
are full of bitterness from "canalised" opponents!

I was really waiting for this day that some of us would realise that Yero
was neither rude nor bitter! No! i knew the truth and said it as it was.DIG
THE ARCHIVES AND REFRESH YOUR MINDS ON THE ARTICLE WHERE I CALLED FOR A
SYMBIOSIS OF RESPECTFUL APPROACHES! This was immidiately after the first
meeting of the UDP/PPP/GPP alliance failed towards uniting the opposition at
the YMCA.Those days every blame was on Jammeh,Halifa,Dibba and so on...wow!
now some of us have discovered the reality.
All along i was convinced that the Gambial for some it was a free forum
where the acrid smoke from their hearts was sent to choke the rest of us.No!
the tactics of carricaturing our english failed becaues the readers later on
saw who was who! The belittling of our origins failed because the readers
later on knew who was who!
The fabrications and prepared stories,intending to harm, failed because the
readers travelled to the Gambia to see the reality! Now what is left is to
recognise the reality and reconcile.
You see calling for peaceful means isn't weakness because all wars end at
the negotiating table.Even prisoners of war do narrate some of their ordeal
one day.
So lets move on and do away with "yaaye kan!?" "duma wahak mom" "nyee maalen
genn"! These are bad syndromes that harm you and your country.
"Sama waaye kenn genut kenn!!!!!"
Please lets stay cool and forget about the past differences! Please! please!
please!
Lets all answer to Tombong's call and WE move on!

Even Jawara and Dibba the founders of the first republic are moving on!
"waaye waaye yenitamit giss len dega bi nak!".

Wasalaam.

YEROPULLOH.

"YEROMAMA PULORI GALO HAAWA BAROGEL N'DIMOU"
"Speak the speeches and let the speeches not spit you."