GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:47:20 +0100
Brother Badou Jobe,

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to answer publicly to my private request on information relating to Albert Harb's death. You cleared the air in many ways for Ousman Bojang, myself, and many others on the L.

Let me also take this opportunity to welcome you on the Gambia-L and to tell you how pleased many of us are about your presence here. I hope you will find your stay at the "bantaba" fruitful and informative even as we also hope you find the time to offer us a little of your vast knowledge of a significant portion of our cultural history. In this regard, I sincerely hope in good faith, that Brother Oku Drammeh will also find time to make contributions in our general quest to enlighten us about ourselves.

Perhaps our leaders in every area of political and social life ought to know that the greatest asset we have as a people is our culture, of which the production of music occupies a central plank. This cultural potential, if wisely cultivated, properly managed and responsibly marketted could become one of our most important portals towards economic advancement.

Momodou S Sidibeh