GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saihou Mballow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 14:44:02 -0700
Gambians and friends of the Gambia are here by
informed that Mr Bira Go who claimed to be a Gambian
and fighting for democracy in African yesterday posted
a malicious and irresponsible statement on the Gambia
post Net in an attempt to tarnish my image and that of
the UDP/NRP political Alliance which i support by
stating that i was at a meeting in Tennessee with one
Ginny whom i have neither met nor seen. After
considering to file a LIBEL LAW SUIT on the individual
who gave out that wrong information, i demanded from
Bira Go to supply me with the name of the person after
which he withdrew and apologized.

His comments were made with actual malice and reckless
with disregard for the truth.

This is a person who claim to be committed in the
struggle for African democracy, this is a person who
is supporting a Gambian political party (NADD), this
is a person who is daily writing on the Gambia -L and
Gambia post misleading us even about the APRC
possibly. How can someone trust such a person who can
hear any market talk and come to the Internet and
mislead the Gambian community and the world at large.

Gambian news papers should watch out other wise, this
man will lead them to a big Libel law suit.

Now Bira Go went writing "Saihou Mballow corroborated
Ginny Quick's accusation of bribery during the NADD
selection of a flag bearer". Is this man with his
senses, what i wrote was very, very clear and he
cannot twist them or put something in my mouth.

 Below i here by reproduce what i said.

I said " we all know what happened.Dulo Bah was
instructed by Hamat Bah-NRP to nominate Ousainou
Darboe and end up nominating OJ". from there someone
can come to the conclusion that something was wrong
somewhere. These are my words and i stand by them.

Finally, i here by challenge Bira Go for a live debate
on the issue of the "Gambia opposition reconciliation
process" hence, he claimed to stand for African
democracy. The venue can be either New York,
Washington or somewhere. We will present our official
identity cards to the coordinators preferably. I very
much doubt if i can find an authentic Gambian Name
"Bira Go".

It will be appreciated if the Allgambianet.Net
management can coordinate it. I will sent my telephone
numbers and address as soon as tomorrow.

Saihou Mballow VS Bira Go.

I thing this will help rather than hiding before a
computer and claiming all type of dubious names.

Saihou Mballow

--- bira go <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

---------------------------------
[ This e-mail is posted to Gambia|Post e-Gathering by
"bira go"  ]
Dulo Bah bribery alligations

Mr Saihou Mballow has with this statement coroborated
Ginny Quick's accusations of bribery during the NADD
selection of a flag-bearer. Or was it that Ginny got
the information from these same people who were using
her to spread lies about NADD. In any which way, the
scheme has been exposed and the UDP/NRP leadership and
Saihou mballow are bound to explain to the Gambian
people as to he credibility of this story.

Mr Mballow claimed that Dulo Bah was instructed by
Hamat Bah, who was at the time in Dakar, "One thing i
can tell you is, Dulo was delegated by Hamat Bah-NRP
to nominate Lawyer Darboe and end up nominating OJ "

(was this through the same dictatorship charges
against Hamat Bah?)  My question.

According to the story from Ginny: but Dulo Bah was
bribed by someone to vote for Omar Jallow.

"and later when Hamat himself came, Dulo withdrew his
nomination according to the NRP executive."

Ginny Quick said to us that, she cannot support a
party that is engaged in bribery (meaning NADD for
her) although she has no evidence to coroborate her
assumptions.

Neither did she question her source or herself as to
why Dulo Bah is still an executive member of the NRP
and thus one of the leaders of the UDP/NRP Alliance
she supports creating the impression that they are the
clean group while forgetting that the said culprit, if
she does believe in what she was told is part of that
Alliance.

Saihou has asked Ginny not to open old wounds of NADD
prior to the withdrawal of the UDP and NRP parties.
One would now ask if Saihou is doing this to cover a
blatant fabrication by the UDP/NRP or by Saihou or any
other individual who may have fabricated this
proposterous lie inorder to damage the credibility of
NADD?

I hope this is not a UDP/NRP attitude.

Here is a challenge of credibility both for NADD, the
UDP/NRP Aliance and Saihou Mballow.

The Gambian people deserve to know the truth in al
circumstances.