GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ceesay, Soffie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 14:31:43 -0500
                            January 6, 2007

An appeal for contributions to send new textbooks to the University of
the Gambia

Dear Friend of The Gambia,

We are writing to request your support for an important and timely
initiative to send approximately 12,000-15,000 brand new textbooks to
the University of the Gambia.  The estimated fair market value of these
books at least $700,000.

This project is a private, non-governmental endeavor.  The Foundation
for West Africa, Sabre Foundation and Gambian Women's Finance
Association are non-profit, non-governmental organizations. They are
being supported by members of the Gambian community in Rhode Island to
raise awareness and mobilize support for this effort.

An overview - Special Appeal:  Textbooks for the University of the
Gambia - is attached. It includes essential information on the project
and project partners.

To reach our goal we must raise $25,000 by February 18th, 2007, which is
Gambian Independence Day.   We recognize that this is a challenging goal
and appeal to you and other members of the Gambian community to make
contributions to the project.  The university needs these books, and it
is a great opportunity for you to help build its capacity to offer a
quality education to students.  We are respectfully requesting
contributions in the range of $100, $50 or $25, but will accept any
amount you can afford, be it less or more.

We would be happy to answer any questions about the project and our
organization.  In the meantime, we hope you will contribute to this
project, which is a significant investment in education for the people
of The Gambia and West Africa.  Also kindly forward this appeal to any
Gambians you know so that they too may participate in this important
effort. Thank you.

Sincerely

______________
____________

Topher Hamblett
M. Lamin Sarr

President
Vice-President

401.289.273
401.490.2774

27 Walnut Road   Barrington, RI  02806     Tel. 401.578.0269  Fax.
401.289.0273       www.tfwa.org <http://www.tfwa.org/>

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい