GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 19:09:50 EST
Saiks,

We commend sister Awa for initiating this group, and it is proving to be a
very informative medium where we can exchange a lot of Islamic education.
However, l personally do not see this group as a means of eliminating islamic
postings to the Gambia L because if this was the purpose, then l would not
have joined it. l want to make it clear that l will continue to post topics
on Islam to the L for all of those who like to benefit from it, as well as a
way to let those who know nothing about this religion to learn something
about it, in order to eliminate the ignorance and resultant negativity
towards Islam. Thanks.

Jabou Joh

 Dear Sister Awa,

 I am just wondering how far you have come with this beautiful initiative.If
 you depending on Momodou Camara then you have to relax until after the
 Ramadan,you know what I mean, believe me I know these Camaras more than
anyone
 else ,I lived with them almost all my life,seriously !!!
 However this is a very good initiative that some of us have been calling
 for,simply because this will help to make this forum a religious free forum
 and would help to avoid resurfacing the old religious debates that have been
 taking place here.And I am sure with people like you there such a forum would
 serve the interest of the religion and not to entertain the ideas of
religious
 fundamentalist,which is driving some of us crazy.I am saying so,because my
 experience recently with such bullshitts is a letter  circulated here in Oslo
 to some members of the Gambian Muslim community,coming from the Gambian Imam
 and quoting an article written by one Modou Mbye (I hope it is not our Modou
 Mbye Jabang).The Gambian Imam was simply advising the Gambian Muslim
community
 not to switch on their TV on new years day to watch the YK2 celebration
 because this could be against the will of Allah.
 Please pray for me so that Allah could forgive me for I did the very
 opposite.
 Did I send any new year greetings ? Happy new year and "She is Gone" for the
 records and in the name of Bob Marlay !!!!

 For Freedom

 Saiks