GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 12:05:02 -0500
Well put, Laye. No one can say it better. I was thinking along the same
lines and wanted to write about this breed of Gambians following Yaya around
like slaves. Then I thought to myself that some slaves were even better than
these vermin. See stories about slavery are replete with accounts about
slaves running away and fighting their masters. You did NOT have people with
OPTIONS begging their masters to enslave them. That is what we have back
home. You have morons willingly slaving for child murderers and some are
even proud of it. Simply obscene.

I am sure you do NOT buy this crap about ‘patriotism’. ‘We must help them to
develop the country’ and all the nonsensical jargons these prostitutes use
in order to rationalize their despicable behavior. Don’t believe any of
those ridiculous excuses. These people are NOT interested in helping anybody
but themselves. They all know that Yaya is a vicious Dictator. They know
that they CANNOT sway Yaya’s diabolical views. They know when push comes to
shove they will NOT tell Yaya the truth and put their ‘cozy’ jobs in
jeopardy. These people CANNOT even protect themselves against Yaya let alone
protect the defenseless Gambian.

Even when Yaya fires them unjustifiably, they do NOT have the guts to say
so. Yaya fires their husbands and they still slave for the moron. They
instead crawl to Yaya to beg for another job. You think during slavery a
freed slave will beg his master to further enslave him? Brother we have a
lot of sick people back home. Inmates running the asylum. Retards. And like
you said, they do NOT want anybody to point that out. When you try to tell
these vermin that it is WRONG to support a child murderer to lead us, they
do NOT want to hear it. The most misguided among them will try to blame our
children for getting slaughtered by Yaya’s trigger-happy thugs. The rest of
the Yaya sycophants will just pretend that our children were never
slaughtered. They would instead want to focus on Yaya’s ‘developments’ and
the benefits they (the sycophants) are reaping from the status quo.

And those of us that are pointing out the blatant abuses to them, like you
said, they will brand you with all sorts of names: ‘haters’, ‘threatening
national security’ etc. The latest and most ridiculous label is the one they
threw at Muhammad Sillah (Human Rights Activist): ‘Inciting Genocidal
Confusion’. All these people want is for us to stay quiet while they
annihilate our people. These people are sick and we MUST treat them as such.
As I said yesterday, you do NOT pet a mad dog with rabies just because he is
a dog. In other words, you do NOT treat Yaya as a DECENT human being just
because he is a human being.

Last night on American TV Tony Blair was asked about how to deal with Bin
Laden in light of comments from a British Minister saying that Bin Laden was
a mad man. The thrust of the questioner was that, one cannot possibly
negotiate with someone that one regards as mad. Blair answered aptly by
saying something to the effect that you CANNOT negotiate with Bin laden. You
have to DEFEAT him. I submit that Gambians CANNOT ‘negotiate’ with Yaya and
his cohorts. We have to DEFEAT them.

Laye, thanks again for a superbly written piece.
KB