GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:51:22 EST
Malik wrote:

> >More importantly, the topic has shifted to What Islam is (Quaran), which
> >might encourage others with a good knowledge of the Bible and other books
> >to follow suit.

Malik,

If those with a good knowledge of the Bible feel that there is something we
have misunderstood about Christianity or can learn, then I have no problem
with that.

The discussion did not shift to what Islam is, it is exactly that and
intended to be right from the begining. The series are meant to teach both
muslims and non-muslims all about Islam so they will not just have bits and
pieces of Information or misinformation in most cases and making statements
without knowledge.

I do not trivialize earthly pursuits because the Qur'an teaches us that God
gave us the earth and everything in it so we can enjoy it. However, to enjoy
it thoroughly, man must  try to act in ways prescribed by God so that we can
be in harmony both with nature as well as our fellow man, but above all, we
must always remember him and worship him so we can enjoy success both in this
life and in the hereafter. Following his guidance in this World ensures that
we will not wrong anyone either.

I hope you will follow the series and read them with an open mind to learn
exactly what this religion is and what it is not. That is the purpose but
somehow, people seem to have a hard time figuring that out. Who said
communication was easy.

Jabou Joh