GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beran jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:21:02 -0500
Yus,

It is your prerogative to continue standing firm all you want as it concerns
your principles and i respect that.You have a right to criticize whatever
you want but when it comes to constructive criticism,you must offer
solutions and that's my point.
The records of this regime,as you pointed out,speaks for itself and i agree
but i believe that records can also be amended and i hope you will agree
with me on that.I'm not calling for anyone to support,join,and or reconcile
with the government or APRC.What i'm saying is that the Gambian people
elected the President in an election
widely recognized as free and fair.If you believe in the democratic
principles,you will accept the outcome in a democratic process irrespective
of who the outcome favors.I know you want a change of government but it is
the people who can provide you with that change and for now,the majority
voted for Jammeh.

The Americans and other western countries have their ratings on the Jammeh
regime but it does not stop them from recognizing the areas where
there is improvement.

Yus,there is a need for one to asses oneself in anything that you find
yourself in and for one to calibrate oneself where there is need to do so.My
position is,since it is the Gambian people who chose to reelect Jammeh,they
are the ones doing the dicing,the slicing,and the twisting and not me,all
i'm concern about is to move the country forward and under the situation,in
order to achieve that,I'll constructively engage anyone mandated by the
people.

What's your understanding of constructive engagement?

Beran