GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 22:32:39 +0200
The following mail is from Koto Sidi and came as na error to the managers.

From: "Sidi M Sanneh" <[log in to unmask]>

Both the Defense and Transport Ministers have resigned.  President Wade is
about to address the Senegalese nation.  Let's wait and see what he has to say.

Sidi Sanneh

----Original Message Follows----
In a message dated 10/1/2002 2:43:41 PM , [log in to unmask] writes:

 > Jabou,
 >
 > I pray that I am wrong this time around.
 >
 > Have a good day, Gassa.
 >
 > > Gassa,

Wrong about what Gassa? I really do not understand what you are saying? Are you
saying that the Senegalese  govrnment does not mean it when they say they
accept
the responsibility for the boat being in operation under the conditions it was
in? What purpose would that serve., and what proof do you have to make such
accusations, and most important of all, what is your motvation?

I think the point here is that responsibility was accepted. As I states
earlier that is more than many a culprit to more heinous crimes have done
regarding other matters, and you will of course not touch on that at all,
even though you are a most ardent advocate of a government that is very much
guilty of not accepting responsibility where the yshould.

Rather you want to malign those who accept responsibility and even go so far as
to question their sincerity and future plans regarding this issue. The only
other thing you can mean or are implying is that they will not do anything to
make sure that similar disasters  like this are averted, and I cannot see how
you can make that pronouncement really. I fail to see your point here.

However, it is quite obvious by now that you serve as  a vehicle for many
things my brother, but I caution you lest you also become a vehicle for
stirring up discord within the Senegambian sub-region by making unfounded
implications and allegations. You are trying to paint the Senegalese
officials as monsters who facilitated this tragedy deliberately, and  who do
not
mean it when they say they accept responsibility for the tragedy and who will
not do anything to avert something like this happening in the future. That is
tantamount to accusing them of conspiracy to kill these people deliberately and
that they will  not do anything to prevent such a disaster in the future. That
is a very serious allegation. What is your motivation here?

Jabou Joh