GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:01:21 -0400
Hamadi, with all due respect, I think you are being unfair on the Senegalese
journalists in this case. The Paper is NOT implying any falsehood. Of course
Yaya is in bed with the rebels. The problem is NOT with the papers that
report that. The problem is with the moron that is putting our people in
jeopardy. Is it the journalists' fault that Casamance rebels come to Gambia
and give press conferences; go to our hospitals for treatment; are caught
with Gambian identity documents? It is the DUTY of the press to report these
shenanigans and more. And the DUTY of the citizens of The Gambia to get rid
of this moron before he puts us to war with our neighbors because of his
sick ideas about Jola dominance. How would Yaya and his cohorts feel if
Senegal allowed us to form a rebel movement and go to Dakar every week and
give press conferences? Do you think if that were to happen Observer and
GRTS will spare the Wade regime from blame? It is high time the Senegalese
and Gambian press call it as it is as far as Yaya and Casamance is
concerned. He is clearly on the side of the rebels and not a neutral
peace-maker.
KB