GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
suntou touray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:18:39 +0000
Haruna
You too have failed in your mission. I categorically call for your
mediation, but you took it lightly. Read the statement below: (Sam
Sarr will say: “go to Halifa”.)
Fabakary Ceesay: "From what you have said, we all know that formally
you may not be the managing editor, but you are part of those people
who formed this establishment. We know that Sam Sarr is the managing
editor, but for the past two years we all know that you acted as the
editor-in-chief. Most of the articles, you have the final say whether
the article should be published or not. Sometimes we go to Sam Sarr
and  ask that this article has not been published, and Sam Sarr will
say: “go to Halifa”. So, all of us believe that you are the
editor-in-chief, and you have the final say. "

At this point, "Halifa Sallah came in and said: “Fabakary, don’t make
remarks that are derogatory. What I am saying is Sam Sarr is your
managing editor. What we do there has nothing to do with you people as
employees."

"Abubacarr Saidykahn: Faks, allow him to flow in.."

Hence it seems all my assertions are correct to the fact that,
Halifa's fingerprints are all over Foroyaa's editorials passing off as
by the 'publisher'.
In any case, the dialog is revealing and telling. 'Faks, allow him to
flow in', flow in Halifa did.

It was interesting to see Seedy Ceesay of Jamano trying to give
alternative angle to the exchanges. This matters goes beyond political
idolisation or holding someone in respect, it is a matter of young
journalist wanting to be free of interferance and disturbance whilst
carrying out their job accordingly.
I hope Foroyaa elders see that as a foundamental condition of proper
employee entitlement.
Suntou

--
www.suntoumana.blogspot.com