GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 20:06:42 EDT
Ebrima,

Thank you,  and to you and your sources, Keep it coming. We will continue to
expose this regime for what they are every chance we get. We must also be
adamant in our demand that NO IMMUNITY from persecution is to be accorded to
this dictator and his cohorts. They pertook in the spoils garnered from
robbing and  subugating our country and our people, and now they must also
pertake in the consequences that this reckless and ruthless journey of theirs
has earned them.

These peolpe must be held accountable for all the murders, human rights
abuses, mismanagement of our country's affairs, and wanton disregard of our
laws that they are responsible for. While some of us are advocating amnesty
as a way out for Yaya and his band, please let us ask the following:

1. Who will pay the price for the cold blooded murder of Ousman Koro Ceesay?

2. Who will pay the price for the abduction , turture and disablement of
Shyngle Nyassi?

3. Who will pay the price for those people who have been murdered under the
guise of coup attempts?

4? Who will pay the price for the denial of civil rights to all Gambians
except their side kicks?

5. Who will pay the price for the cold-blooded masacre of our youth in broad
daylight and the subsequent mockery of every Gambian by the persistent
denials of responsibility for this atrocity by Yaya and his puppets?

6. Who will pay the price for the terrorizing of our people who have been
watched like hawks, and their rights violated at every turn so that no one
dares to speak their mind, while his cronies go about telling us that they
have a new brand of democracy that is suitable for us, and that we should be
grateful for the crumbs that fall from the table of these robbers, which
table is laden with the meager resources of our country?

7.Who will pay the price for the muzzling of journalists and the lies
fabricated to enable them to shut down Citizen's FM and their continued
attempts to silence those who try to provide a voice for the people and to
keep them informed?

Yaya Jammeh and all those gullible individuals who never batted an eyelash in
accepting posts in his piracy ride through our land, even as they were well
aware of the atorcities he had committed and contnues to commit, and the ones
he is capable of committing yet are the one who have to pay the price.

To let these criminals just walk away scot free will guarantee us a place
among those who are paving the way to the eventual destruction of our country
and Africa at large, because the message would have been sent that one can do
what they did without consequences.

How ignorant for these people to think that they could get away with this
lawless joy-ride.
Sedat Jobe accepted a post in this regime, and therefore, Sedat Jobe is not a
candidate for a transition government because this will just be a
continuation of the Jammeh regime in diluted form.

Jabou Joh
In a message dated 5/13/00 9:36:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,