GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 06:52:36 PST
Saiks,

Because of limited access to the Internet, since I am on mid term break,
I'll very brief! But Saiks, with all due respect, do you really understand
the undercurrents of Nigerian politics?

Have you really found time to look at very closely the hostility between
Nigerian Northerners and Nigeria Southerners? Do you really know how Soyinka
thinks vis-a-vis these issues? Do you really understand the culture and
customs of the Yoruba people? Do you really understand the culture of the
Hausa Fulanis? Saiks, I have lots of questions to ask, but I do not have
access to the net right now.

Saiks, remember that some people do not practice what they preach. Believe
me, there is ample empirical data to prove that Soyinka has a pro-Yoruba
bias, and I can supply you the references if you wish. Anyway, my time is
up, and I have to go, but next week, I'll make points very clear in relation
to this particular issue!

Ebrima