GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Malanding S. Jaiteh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:34:23 -0400
I am no pan-Africanist to understand some of the issues at hand but what
would a United State of Africa achieve for her people that Gambia or Sierra
Leone cannot do for their people?

Did the so-called partitioning of Africa in 1880s really created a much
divided Africa than it used to be?

Thirdly is Africa's problem really because we do not have one humongous
country called the United States of Africa with its capital in the
rainforests of Central African Republic (the geographic center) or the
amalgamation of tens and sometimes hundreds of nations into artificial
entities called countries?

Malanding Jaiteh