GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:22:04 EDT
In a message dated 8/27/01 12:00:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Believe it or not many Gambians who today relentlessly make egregious
> attacks on PPP had in fact benefited in many ways from the Jawara regime.
> EG, some Gambians who are so anti PPP received their education in the US
> through the influence of Gambia's counselor rep Mr. Kolka and the former
> external affairs minister and later VP, the late AB Njie.But today, they
> would rather pander to the APRC's subtle sympathizers in the name of truth.
> Who can provide any logical reasoning that PDOIS or NCP is more committed to
> unseating the dictator than the current alliance of UDP/PPP? Examine the
> record.
>
> Abdou,
>
> What a simplistic asesment. What are you talking about? If I was an APRC
> sympathizer, believe me I think everyone wwho knows me will know that I
> would have declared that in as simple and plain a form  as the English
> languange can provide.
> Let us stop mixing up facts by covering them up with senseless allegations.
> It is interesting to note that no one has as yet come up with answers to
> some of the questions I have raised regarding how the UDP in their promise
> to start a new chapter will do that with the PPP in tow when some of the
> issues to be addressed involve allegations against the PPP regime.
> Also, your question as to whether the PDOIS/NCP are more committed to
> unseating the dictator than the UDP/PPP alliance has no place in this
> discussion. This is not the issue at all. However, at least PDOIS has put
> forth a proposal which I quoted in my first post, and which seems to be
> both inclusive and makes sense. Are you saying that this proposal is
> ?

People, we are getting lost in irrelevances here. The point is the way in
which the UDP/PPP planned and executed a meeting that was supposed to include
all of the opposition, and reached a decision with half of them present, and
the fact that people are now bringing in all these irrelevant points is
amazing to me.

The fact that this has happened does not change the conviction to unseat
Jammeh, it just helps him to stay there because some people chose to split up
the opposition. This is the point, and the cheap effort to turn the tables
and now accuse me of supporting the Jammeh regime is too stupid to even spend
time defending.
I guess some of us have a hard time deciphering facts and we always resort to
the cheap accusations to shut people up if the ypoint out the truth.

Jabou Joh