GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousainou Demba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:32:57 -0800
I have this message forward to seek additional help from others on the
Gambia_L.
Sir/Madam,
The Virginia Mason Foundation, through it's chairman Dr. Thomas Green, the
chief orthopedic surgeon at Virginia Mason Medical Center in downtown
Seattle, have donated the people of The Gambia two used AMR ambulances.
The donation was made through Lamin Jatta a Gambian and an employee of
Virginia Mason Medical Center. The Gambian society have for the past month
or so working very hard to ship these very valuable gifts to The Gambia,
to help boost the medical standard of this poor third world country. Due
the geographic location of The Gambia, shipping from Seattle has been
found to be very difficult and expensive. We have organized a fund raising
dance and received a very small amount of fund. Due to the high cost of
shipment, the funds in hand are not near enough to ship even one of the
ambulances to The Gambia. In other to make this dream come through, we
have choosen to turn to your organization for help in any form or shape.
We will appreciate any kind of help, to help ship this ambulances to the
desperate people of The Gambia. Thank you
Lamin Jatta
The Gambian Society of Seattle
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Home phone: 425-787-6497