GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
alieu sesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:04:40 -0800
--- Lamine Conteh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We are not interested in who becomes the next
> President of The Gambia.  We only want a Gambia
> that we envisioned for our children.

Who are the "we" in your message? I hope you are not
assuming that every one on the list is in your
bandwagon. You certainly do not speak for me as I have
my own mind. Your words sound just like those of a
drowning man. A drowning man will grab anything to
save himself from drowning. Don't tell me that
credibility, trustworthiness, honesty, morality, etc.
has nothing to do with the selection process. If you
truly mean your statements above, why not just
reinstate former president Jawara and save yourself
more trouble? For some one who is parading here as a
wannabe leader for a united opposition, your thinking
skills have a lot to be desired.

> This is not an attack on you, but a condemnation
> on your nearsightedness.

Now, who is suffering from nearsightedness? Certainly,
it's you who can't seem to see beyond his nose and has
nothing to offer but short-term solutions for
long-term goals.

I don't approve your short-term strategy but that
shouldn't mean I disaprove of a united opposition.
What I cannot tolerate is the imposition of your
ideals on all and sundry as if you are the sole
beholder of truth. What you should do is let people
provide their own reasoning as to why they want a
united opposition to try and convince the rest. You
nearsighted opinion might be influenced for the
better.

Alieu