GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 22:15:33 -0500
Buharry Lamented:

   The tendency for Gambians to shy away from conferences and seminars is
not limited to Atlanta. Maybe it is hightime to include some incentive in
the seminars to attract attendees especially the sisters. The political
parties in Jamaica used to engage such tactics to attract crowds.

Buharry, you are not too far from the truth, but also, how far do organizers go
to put up seminars together. Seminars, like sporting events and parties need to
be packaged and marketed accordingly. It is not only enough to have a seminar
and expect lots of attendees without starpower, or individuals that people
cannot wait to hear from.

Buharry, start planning the trip to this year Fourth of July in Atlanta. we are
working on having the Gambia-L Star Powers in one room. The Katim Tourays, The
Dr Saine, The Jabous, The Ebrima Ceesays; and all those powerful ideas being
discussed on the L-.
And not to mentioned Atlanta, the city with the most beautful Gambian
women(Sexism not intended)

Thanks
Musa Jeng