GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:30:20 +0000
thanks masoud and barrow.it is our wish that yahya read what other knowledgeable gambians have to offer.i hope things change sooner than later.mr barrow ,housing is one major issue affecting the kombos.in serrekunda one can hardly get a house to rent.people are so many in a small square area.any housing projects will help alevaite the situation.i was trying to get a house for some one and still no place.the house owners are enjoying the high demands.please carry on with your proposals.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Settle down Suntou. Gambia's problem is not money or lack thereof. And I
don't think Barrow is talking about giving you good roads either. One
fundamental deficit we have in Gambia is leadership. And indeed in most African or
third world countries. I would hope Yahya would set the tone for national
development and zero tolerance to corruption. These are Gambia's problems. Yahya has
a lot of baggage to be an effective leader. Unless he addresses the murder
of Deyda Hydara, the death of Koro Ceesay, the attempt on Lawyer Sillah's life
and his disfigurement, the wanton disappearances and extra-judicial hirings
and firings, the perception that he has stolen from the national coffers, and
the wanton arrests and interference in the judiciary, you can forget any
meaningful accomplishment. I am hoping my conversations with him and the urging
of my colleagues here can help him realise that the problems of Gambia are
mainly that of propriety leadership and trust of the citizenry. Nothing else.
You can cry help till thy kingdom come but if you do not help Yahya to see the
light and address these troubling undercurrents of national development,
you're liable to get killed by good roads.

Haroun Masoud. MQDT. Darbo. AL Khairawan. The indians are not to blame.
Indians will go anywhere an opportunity presents itself, generally without regard
to the health and welfare of other. Remember India itself is another
hell-hole. So what better prey than a clueless Gambian, especially one burdened with
existential considerations. Later Aligator.

In a message dated 11/15/2007 12:16:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,